Malaysia’s minister of health and people’s welfare, pan ming-fung, stressed that the ban on restaurant smoking will come into force on January 1, 2020 and will never be extended, and anyone who smokes in restaurants will be banned, the sihua daily reported.
“After six months of education, the health ministry has enough time to educate people to comply with the smoking ban, so there will be no delay in enforcing the law,” he said. “The smoking ban will be implemented as scheduled next year. After the education period, any smoker who smokes in a no-smoking area will be severely punished.”
“Discover How to Quit Smoking in as Little as 7 Days, Even if You’ve been a Chain Smoker for the Past 20 Years - with No Relapses, No extra MONEY Needed, and a 98% Success Rate, Guaranteed!” [Learn More ……]
Once the education campaign expires, the health bureau will directly impose a fine of rm250 on smokers who fail to comply with the regulations, pan said. Those who refuse to pay face a fine of up to rm10,000, two years’ imprisonment or both.
“Restaurant businesses will also be fined if they don’t put a no-smoking sign in a prominent place.”
He also urged the public to cooperate fully and report any restaurants that fail to put up anti-smoking signs.
On the other hand, he said the state health department had received 403 complaints as of December and had taken immediate action.
Pan said that during the education campaign, the bureau has visited 7,119 catering establishments, among which 5,805 restaurants have carried out education promotion measures. Of the 7, 119 restaurants, a total of 5, 940 (83 per cent) have complied with the regulations by putting up no smoking signs in prominent places.
- In guangdong, 44.4% of young people smoked for the first time out of curiosity (1.000)
- Internet cafes smoking not listen to advice also beat the network management was detained (1.000)
- The young man was beaten up by three men for discouraging smoking in the lift (1.000)
- Shenzhen has for the first time penalized foreigners for illegal smoking (1.000)
- The bonus of one smoking in the whole department was lost (1.000)
- Drunk man fined 500 yuan for smoking in high-speed train (1.000)
- A man on a bus beat the driver after he was forbidden to smoke (1.000)
- For the first time, the smoking rate in the French population has dropped significantly (1.000)
- No smoking on high speed train (1.000)
- Smoking areas on regular trains will also be eliminated (1.000)
- The strictest control in shenzhen makes smoking at bus stops punishable (RANDOM - 1.000)